sje087

Simple Joy

I have a special place in my heart for different and unique things, which happens to extend to my reading selections.

Blackmoore - Julianne Donaldson I just love her writing, I am about to gush with enthusiasm.

In todays trendy subjects, we read stories that are said to be about love but more often times than not, we are subjected to cheap erotica that leaves us feeling cheap and slightly disgusted. Perhaps thats why I look to historical romance, because it actually brings romance to the table. But even if we receive the romance aspect, the characters may fall flat, or the story line bores us to the point of not finishing. I could go on to expand about what it is that people see as love in todays society by taking a glance at the best sellers, but thats opening up a can of worms I don't want to get into.
What Im getting to here, is that this book had beautifully written main characters.
It had romance, which more times than not starts off with friendship. Such a simple concept and yet, how so many authors seem to miss it completely.
You watch Kate and Henry through many years, lifes trials and joys.
And by God, this woman follows through with her characters. She lets her characters stick to what they've created for themselves through the pages; adventure, love, and challenges.

I highly recommend this book for a thorough lesson in lifes love. Its not easy, but with sacrifices and compromises its beautiful thing.

Thank you for delivering another beautiful romance.