sje087

Simple Joy

I have a special place in my heart for different and unique things, which happens to extend to my reading selections.

Charade - Nyrae Dawn This was TERRIBLE.

It was the kind of terrible where you feel proud of yourself for making it to the end, that kind of terrible.

You follow a story of two young adults in college.

Ugh...I don't even want to begin. But I'll try so you understand.

1. Did you ever bump into someone who just felt sorry for themselves because they had something traumatic happen to them? That they blame everything in their life and the way they are, on that one event? Where you can't even stand to be around that person because you just want to FUCKING slap them.

Imagine reading a book about that person, all you want to do is stop reading throughout this book.

2. If I hear anyone say the endearment "Baby" anytime in the near future, I may go ape-shit-crazy on their ass.

Just because you call someone by said endearment, does not mean it excuses whatever you said before or after it. I know, I know. I went a little overboard. It does include some past history for me, so please excuse my mini explanation.
Let's go back some time, when I was just an innocent teenager in high school. Where wanting to be in the "cool" crowd still existed. Let's go back to my memories of having to sit with girls and listen to them drone on and one and on about their boyfriends, because that's what's "normal" in high school is, right? And hanging out with couples where every statement uttered to each other had to be accompanied with...............baby. And why, I still cannot pinpoint to this day. High school.

So yes, I was cringing throughout this book.

3. Unhealthy relationships. No matter what age. UNHEALTHY is unhealthy. Where you get emotionally drunk and run behind a shed(?) unhealthy. In my mind, I'm thinking, "honey, you shouldn't even be drinking nor considering a relationship with another human being in the state you are in." Go get help and then come back and let's start writing a book about you. You know what they say, you can't love anyone else until you love yourself ( :

4. Anger management. It's not hot. It's not sexy. It doesn't make you look macho. It makes you look insecure and unbalanced. Enough said.

And now I'm over this...I've wasted too much time bulleting.

I would like to conclude with, I wish the book had started where it ended. I would love to have read that story instead of this one. Mrs Dawn does at least acknowledge she knows right from wrong.

That is all.