sje087

Simple Joy

I have a special place in my heart for different and unique things, which happens to extend to my reading selections.

The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1) - Tarryn Fisher Ugh so conflicting.

And I bet when I reread this a year or two from now, I'll wonder what I was thinking because I'll be in a different mindset.

This book, was like....giving into something you know is really really bad.

I didn't like Olivia at first. She was that girl I couldn't stand in school. The girl that would put a boy before her future...Yes, I'm think I may have to admit I'm a feminist.

I sank back in my chair at some of things she did, I didn't want to like her as a character. And then I shocked myself. I LIKED HER. I LIKED HER? The girl that manipulated and stalked to be with her "future".

Because she didn't make me feel guilty for all the shitty stuff I've done in my relationships. AH. I just said that on the internet. TRUTH.

You know when your girlfriends on crazy mode and wants to drive around stalking her ex boyfriend so she can get a look at the new girl. I've totalllly been that friend. But I've also been the girl that told bitter bitter truth just to hurt....ya, I've been that girl Olivia.

This book was so UP and DOWN. I read it in one night and now am falling asleep at work due to it.

God, I'm such a nerd!

Let's stay simple.

You follow the story of a girl named Olivia.
She is dominant.
She is "exotic".
She is crazy, true.
She is honest.
She is deceiving.
She is DRIVEN.

Olivia meets her spark in college. He plays on the basketball team. Has a beautiful life and she really wants nothing to do with him.

He wins.

And then she can't get her heart back. She tries, but she just can't shake him. So after some brief episodes, I will not mention. She finds her self in his glow again. Ahhh the good life.

But she can't get out of her own way, and you want to be that friend that tells her to wake the fuck up.

Eventually it all catches up, and we're left with a bitter bittersweet ending.

This was a FAVORITE.

Not from the beginning but from the story developing.