sje087

Simple Joy

I have a special place in my heart for different and unique things, which happens to extend to my reading selections.

Seeking Persephone - Sarah M. Eden This was a smooth read.

Very romantic, with out all the sensuality that goes with it.

This book begins with the man, Adam, who is deeply scarred inside and out. As a child he was operated on in the facial region and has some serious insecurities in regards to his appearance. To mask the insecurities Adam has a very hard and stern demeanor. He also had to witness a struggling marriage between his mother and father which deeply affected him.

Adam is disgusted with the man who is in line to inherit his family estate, he then turns to the only other option, to marry and produce an heir himself.

Introduce Persephone. A sweet natured 20 something girl. She's look after her four siblings since she was 12. She loves her family deeply and has a quirky angle on life. Along with her troubled life is a father who's mind tends to wander and the family coffers being dangerously low.

The compromise.

She needs money for her family. He needs an heir to save his family's estate.

BOOM.

A letter sent to Persephone by Adam's adviser.

Neither had met before their marriage date.

The majority of the book was spent on how they communicated after their marriage and the struggle to understand each other. Adam was definitely the onion in this book.

What frustrated me, enough to give this one star less, is the fact that Adam was over the top.

Adam has a friend whom we witness constant dialogue from throughout the book, Harry. But it didn't really seem like they had a friendship, except for in one scene and that was towards the end of the book. Adam repeatedly kept telling Harry to leave his house, or he would threaten him with hanging him out the window, or with pistols or the gibbet. When did they actually have any...friendship. What do they have to bond over?
Harry was the perfect excuse to provide us with some past history with Adam that Persephone couldn't ask Adam himself.

Over all this was a lovely book.

It was just full of a lot of insecurity and cliches.