sje087

Simple Joy

I have a special place in my heart for different and unique things, which happens to extend to my reading selections.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) - Susan Ee Okay, okay, alright, alright.

Some mixed feelings on this book.

Lets get some things clear before beginning this review.

A. I'm a hugee romance fan. Not a lust fan, I don't read shit like fifty shades or anything. I'm all about working your way into love by BUILDING a relationship--no falling going on here.

B. I'm not much of a zombie fan, it kind of grosses me out--plus its just too exploited in my book.

C. My religious beliefs. I'm not a go-to-church-every-Sunday kind of person. I'm a ...."quiet believer". But I still hold God to my heart, and some things just feel wrong. This plays a huge part in my rating.

Okay lets move to the theme here.

Post Apocalyptic. Although it's only about 6 weeks after the first "hit". Angels have invaded the Earth and we're seeing this through a strong willed, kick ass, heroine named after an exit--Penryn.

She's been the adult in her family dynamic pretty much since she was 7. Her mother suffers from a mental illness, her baby sister was put into a wheel chair at the age of ....two? And her father is a real stand up guy.... he abandoned them.

Like that isn't enough to keep us entertained, enter the angels. Not a whole lot is really revealed about them. They're described as all other books, strong, handsome, god like and of course charming. But what's different? They're attacking all human on Earth.

So there's a lot stirring in this pot, but you can follow what going down and not get lost with all the different events and scenarios going on.

We start out with Penryn trying to move her lady flock out of the apartment building that was their home. Dodging