sje087

Simple Joy

I have a special place in my heart for different and unique things, which happens to extend to my reading selections.

Lord of Scoundrels - Loretta Chase You know why this book has great reviews? Because of Miss Jessica Trent.

You will NOT have a weak female. Period end of story.

Jess has a weak willed brother who is in need of saving from Dain.

Dain a dark and fearsome male, has a way of getting what he wants either by force or bribery. He's had a rough childhood to say the least.

When he meets Jess his world is turned upside down. Having his whores called cows, being outsmarted and finding someone with as passion to match his own.

When Jessica and Dain find themselves a spectacle of the season both believe their counterparts have motives to have snared their audience. (Don't worry this lasts all of 2 pages, Jess is too much of a damn awesome character to put up with bull shit).

Due to this ahem, incident, Jess takes some drastic measures indeed out coming in a marriage between the two.

The second half of the book focuses on their marriage. Which is quite amusing to watch to say the least.

In the end we get our HEA and come away with a smirk (if you're a female) as clearly we WON the BATTLE in this one.
A nice strong female character.