sje087

Simple Joy

I have a special place in my heart for different and unique things, which happens to extend to my reading selections.

The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins Loved it for everything it was!

A co-worker recommended it to me, not knowing about the hype it was getting, or maybe it hadn't hit yet. I picked it up after I had finished the long and drawn out DWD by G.R.R.M. so it was a while.

Going into it without any expectations; not reading the back, as my friend had summed it up to me while trying to get me on to it. I am extremely grateful that I didn't learn about the movie before the book. Similar to GOT on HBO, I had watched the show first and then read, but it messes with your mind and sets up the characters that are shown to you, instead of what your mind decides they look like and other details.

ANYWAYS.
Mrs Collins did magic with drawing her readers in, it's such a page turner. You're able to like the characters, and yes, she does set things up to be a love triangle, but there's still an underlying deep message starting develop and she follows through with it through out the book.

Well done.