sje087

Simple Joy

I have a special place in my heart for different and unique things, which happens to extend to my reading selections.

A Drink Before the War (Kenzie & Gennaro #1) - Dennis Lehane I loved everything about this book.

The writing was witty and flowed.

The pacing was fast and left you up until 3 in the morning finishing it

The characters were funny and you enjoyed them.

The plot was great, I really liked it. (If there had been a twist in the ending this book would've been easily a top favorite)

It was just great.

You're following Patrick Kenzie, who lives and works as a PI in Boston.

You get the typical stereotype and then the brief breakdown of the neighborhoods that Lehane has created enhanced.

Patrick has a gorgeous partner, Angela, who has some personal issues going on that Patrick would more than love to wrap his hands around.

Right off the bat, the book starts off with the meeting that will set up the plot, and you know something scandalous is going down. How do you know?

Politicians
Racial Stereotyping
"Documents"
Runaway
.........and Scotch

I can't say enough how much I thoroughly enjoyed the fast paced, funny, bad ass novel.

I think my favorite character would have to be Devin. The local Sargent who keeps the assholes in line.
The bar scene was great.

This was my first book by Lehane and now I can understand why he has such a large following.